Wednesday, May 14, 2014

RACING TIME!!

Preakness - Post Time 2pm (for those of us on the West Coast!)

May 17, 2014

Pimlico Race Course

5201 Park Heights Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21215

Tel: (410) 542-9400

OH HOW I LOVE THOROUGHBREDS!!

Big, beautiful, athletic Thoroughbreds! Yes I am smitten by them! They will always have a special place in my heart. Combining my love of Appaloosas with my adoration of the TB is a passion of mine. And when the Derby comes around every year I still get chills of excitement. And like every other avid horse lover, hopeful for a Triple Crown winner!

The elusive and spectacular call of three races, each longer than the last. Pushing stamina and endurance from a 3 year old carrying 130 lbs of tack and man. The excitement of it always overwhelms me. The smart and tactful caring horse person in me flies right out the window....because it's RACE TIME!

I know, they are babies, they can break down, they can be fragile........but oh how I love watching them race!!! It just mesmerizes me to watch them push themselves, to watch them call up even more energy, to stretch their stride a bit longer with more power and the expression of determination on their deep breathing, flared nostril faces!!

Can that underbred horse, little guy owners and old timer trainer do it? Anything can happen, no one has a crystal ball, so I guess we will just have to watch and see!

In the meantime, I'll be secretly cheering on my favorite loud and proud!

May the BEST HORSE WIN!!

No comments: